- Sheepskin Area Rugs
- Sheepskin Animal Beds
- Wool Moroccan Rugs
- Customer Care
Inner diameter: 10"
Outer diameter: 16"
This bed is made from and consist only of 100% natural sheepskin, not dyed or stuffed with any other material.
If you already own a sheepskin you might have noticed that your cat or dog absolutely loves it. There is a very good reason for this. Natural sheepskin and goat-hides are softened with lanolin. Lanolin, otherwise known as wool-wax, is a wax secreted by the sebaceous glands of wool-bearing animals.
So, what happens when your animal gets in contact with lanolin? Essentially it's extremely relaxing for them. You know how cats go nuts when they smell catnip? Well, a similar thing is happening when animals rub against lanolin, but instead of going "wild", they get VERY relaxed.
Natural sheepskin has a variety of other benefits for animals including:
- Helps relieve achy muscles and arthritis.
- Helps relieve anxiety (is your animal sensitive to sounds?).
- Sheepskin doesn’t habour dust mites and bacteria like synthetic materials can, which are traditionally used in animal beds.
- Regulates body temperature so your furry friend feels snug and comfortable.
- Finally, your pet can feel the comfort of nature. It’s unusual for them to have a connection to nature when living inside, and this bed gives them a chance to connect back to their animal essence.